Thursday, January 6, 2011

1/6/11

2011 is a fresh year and a fresh start for everyone. 2010 was not exactly the best of times but not the worst of times either. Even though I have been out of the show ring and under the radar, I have learned a lot. Werner is not much of a yeller so that helps, I know you can't believe it, but I am not always the easiest student. We all have our moments.

So I am starting my 2011 with my first show since the incredible year of 2009. I showed my 5 year old in training level, his first show ever. It was way to much fun, and I realized I really have to do this more often.

2009 changed my life forever in a million different ways, good and bad.I met Werner who is now my coach, trainer, business partner, and most importantly my fiancé. YES, we are engaged for those of you who didn't know! The second thing that happened was NAYRC, the gold medal was wonderful, but the friendships made a long the way have really changed my life. I also bought a youngster named Abracadabra or "the magic man!" Lastly, Rosi got hurt.

For those of you who don't know, Rosi or "Rose Noir 2" has been injured before. Not just injured but it was possible after six months of owning her she would become a pasture ornament, lawn mower, or perhaps a broodmare. As you can imagine none of these options were acceptable to me. She was going to get better if I had to sow her tendons back together. It
took me a while but I got it done. After all of this you can imagine the disappointment when the vet looked at me and said two options: surgery or tildren + shockwave, and neither may
work. Once again after a year my little Rosita is back in action and ready to have some fun!

So after a year of ups and downs, roller coaster rides, Blood, sweat, and tears, and moments of questioning everything I stand for, I'm back and I'm ready.

"live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is"
-Mary anne radmacher

Words to live by for 2011 and years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment